If you like home-made meatballs you will LOVE this easy to follow recipe:
- 1 pound (95-percent) lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa (you can substitute 3/4 cup overcooked brown rice as well)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- squirt of Brown spicy mustard
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme (for the spices I use italian seasoning)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Mix and roll into balls- cook on stove til browned on all sides and add to pan of sauce and continue simmering for 30 min til cooked thru.
- (You can also prepare them and put them into a crock pot full of tomatoe sauce and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 and they will also be delicious they just will not be browned. Alternatively you can cook them on the stove top and put them into the crock pot on high for an hour and then change to warm and serve out of the crock pot. )
YUM! They are soooo good!